Satellite 13 Music Publishing Services
We manage and administer the copyrights of many great songs, we endeavour to license songs to film and television in order to generate incomes for our writers and composers. We encourage our writers to build solid catalogues and then work with them to find opportunities and further enhance the value of their songs. By linking good songs to great performers incredible things can be achieved. This also helps the songwriters to create income streams from their music.
FAQ about copyright registration
Copyright registration is a legal formality intended to make a public record of the basic facts of a particular copyright. It is not a condition of copyright protection. But the copyright law provides several inducements or advantages to encourage copyright owners to make registrations, including the following:
- Registration establishes a public record of the copyright claim.
- Registration is necessary before an infringement suit may be filed in court.
- If registration is made before or within five years of publication, registration will establish prima facie evidence in court of the validity of the copyright and of the facts stated in the certificate.
- If registration is made within three months after publication of the work or prior to an infringement of the work, statutory damages and attorney’s fees will be available to the copyright owner in court actions. Otherwise, only an award of actual damages and profits is available to the copyright owner.
- Registration allows the owner of the copyright to record the registration with the U.S. customs Service for protection against the importation of infringing copies.